Categories and criteria
Printing categories will be judged on reproduction, degree of difficulty and print quality. Entries must have been produced in the 12 months prior to 12 July 2019. An international panel of judges will assess each entry submitted.
- Labels (process)
- Labels (line and tone)
- Flexible packaging (narrow web up to 800mm)
- Flexible packaging (medium web 801-1000mm)
- Flexible packaging (wide web 1001+mm)
- UV flexo, paper and board
- Sacks and corrugated pre-print liner
- Corrugated post-print (C flute and above) (please supply just one sample)
- Corrugated post-print (E and F flute) (please supply just one sample)
- Combination printing (using flexo as the main printing process plus two or more additional printing or decorating processes)
- Best use of process colours only (with or without varnish and white)
- Flexo print job previously produced by another process
(print sample of previous process used must be included)
- Digital Labels and packaging
- Promotional print (flexo print produced for promotional purposes – must be submitted by printing company and not a commercial job)
- Innovation – new products or services by suppliers, which can be classed as innovative and have been launched in the 12 months prior to 12 July 2019.
Please submit sufficient documentation to explain the innovation entry in detail to the judges. This should include a summary (minimum 200 words) supported by brochures, colour photos, videos (if available), customer testimonials and any other relevant evidence of the entry’s merit in advancing the flexographic printing process. If insufficient documentation is supplied, the entry will not be put forward to the judging panel.
- Entries must have been produced by the printing company entering the awards.
- No previous winning job may be re-entered from the same or different company.
- All entries must be produced in the 12 months prior to 12 July 2019.
- Whitmar Publications reserves the right to use any entries received for marketing and promotional purposes in its magazines and on its website.
- Entrants must have obtained the permission of their customer before entering the competition.
- Whitmar Publications cannot accept responsibility for entries submitted.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries received after the deadline will be subject to a flat £50 late fee.
- Entries may be moved to a different category at the discretion of the judges.