Categories and criteria
Printing categories will be judged on reproduction, degree of difficulty and print quality. Entries must have been produced in the 12 months prior to 12 July 2019. An international panel of judges will assess each entry submitted.
- Entries must have been produced by the printing company entering the awards.
- No previous winning job may be re-entered from the same or different company.
- All entries must be produced in the 12 months prior to 19 July 2019.
- Whitmar Publications reserves the right to use any entries received for marketing and promotional purposes in its magazines and on its website.
- Entrants must have obtained the permission of their customer before entering the competition.
- Whitmar Publications cannot accept responsibility for entries submitted.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries received after the deadline will be subject to a flat £50 late fee.
- Entries may be moved to a different category at the discretion of the judges.
- Labels (process)
Using process primary inks to create colour shades (CMYK, EGP and similar)
- Labels (line and tone)
Using spot colours to print line-works and halftones. Halftone overprints should be limited to a maximum of three colours
- Flexible packaging (narrow web)
Flexible packaging <600mm wide
- Flexible packaging (medium web)
Flexible packaging 600-1000mm wide
- Flexible packaging (wide web)
Flexible packaging > 1000mm wide
- UV flexo on paper and board
The use of UV inks on paper or board substrates
- Sacks and corrugated pre-print liner
Any sack or pre-print liner for corrugated boards
- Corrugated post-print (A, B, C and D flute)
Post-print flexo on corrugated board with A, B, C of D fluting
- Corrugated post-print (E and F flute)
Post-print flexo on corrugated board with E or F fluting
- Combination printing
Using flexo as the main printing process but using different processes to give the print additional qualities or attributes
- Process colours only
Using just CMYK with or without a white or a varnish
- Originally printed by another process
Any flexo job which was originally printed by a different process (a print sample of the previous printing process must be included)
- Digital labels and packaging
Any packaging or labels which have been printed with digital printing technology
- Promotional print
Flexo print produced to showcase the abilities of a printer. (Must be submitted by the printer and can not be a commercial job)
New products and services for the flexographic industry which have been launched and are commercially available in the 12 months prior to the 12 July 2019. Not eligible for printersPlease submit sufficient documentation to explain the innovation entry in detail to the judges.